Friday, December 1, 2017

NGOZI OSUOHA


NGOZI OSUOHA

IF I LOVED YOU

If I loved you
Would you make me cry
Would I become a slave,
Bound stupidly and powerlessly
Would I be in chains of pain
Labouring in labour with labour for labour?

If I loved you
Would I turn a rat
A cockroach or mosquito
Small, little, insignificant and disturbing,
Would I become a nuisance,
Parasite, dustbin or refuse dump?

If I loved you
Would I pay with my life
Would I live in misery
A mystery of penury
In a chimney of fiery furnace,
Would people pity me
For ever loving you?





I BELIEVE IN YOU

I feel heaven
In your arms
The serene of peace
And serenity of calm
Calming my pain
In a broken world,
The shine on your face
Shinning and illuminating mine,
The joy in your heart
Transcending, radiating my flesh
I know you are mine
Because I believe in you
And my soul bears me witness.






TOMORROW IS NOT FAR

Tomorrow is not far
Listen, tick tock
Tick, tock, the time is gone
And the night is turned
I tell you be strong
For tomorrow will come
And this love will grow.

Tomorrow is not far
Be strong, bold and proud
This night is fading quick
Dying a natural death
Hold on, ours is green
Not as dark as this night
Be strong, tomorrow is not far.

Look up in the sky
See how we will shine
That is where we will fly
And never again cry,
O my dear, cheer up
There is the top
And that cup
We shall drink
Never to sink
Here anymore,
Hear, heal your sore
Tomorrow is blue
And due is our value
With green dew.

NGOZI OSUOHA


1 comment :

  1. Dear Poet Ngozi, your poems are heart wrenching. I really loved, "If I Loved You". I never thought of those things of which you could be or "feel" like, with the wrong Love. In "chains" a parasite or mosquito? A bother, a rug, to wipe your feet on. Love your words !

    ReplyDelete