Friday, December 1, 2017

ESTER CECERE


ESTER CECERE
THE SOURCE

I keenly quench to your mouth
as a gushing mountain source.

And I drink and kiss.
And I kiss and drink.

Too big mythirst.
Too cool your water.

(FROM: “PENSIERI D’AMORE” (“THOUGHTSOF LOVE”) , LE EDIZIONI DEL PORTICCIOLO, LA SPEZIA, 2017)

La sorgente

Avidamente,
alla tua bocca mi disseto
come a zampillante fonte di montagna.

E bevo e bacio.
E bacio e bevo.

Troppo grande la mia sete.
Troppo fresca la tua acqua.




DESIRE

I would rub my faceon your body
to leave my indelible smell,
as a cat in love.

I would do your taste forever mine
by long lasting and deep kisses
passionately drinking you.

I would lose myself
in you warm hug
to the sensessurrendered.

(FROM:“BURRASCHE E BREZZE” (“STORMS AND BREEZES”), IL FILO, ROME, 2010)

Desiderio

Come gatta in amore
sul tuo corpo
il mio viso
strofinerei
per lasciarvi indelebile
il profumo di te.

Con lunghi e profondi baci
per sempre mio farei
il sapore di te.

Con abbandono
nell’abbraccio
del tuo corpo caldo
mi perderei in te.




WHAT'S I WOULDGIVE

What's I wouldgive
to kiss your hair
to kiss your eyes
to kiss your lips.

What's I wouldgive
to greet the new day
falling asleep to your side
and to see the sunrise again
feeling the warmth of your body.

(FROM:“BURRASCHE E BREZZE” (“STORMS AND BREEZES”), IL FILO, ROME, 2010)

Che darei

Che darei
per baciare i tuoi capelli
i tuoi occhi
le tue labbra
per intrecciare le mie dita con le tue.
Che darei

per salutare il giorno
addormentandomi al tuo fianco
e rivedere l’alba
sentendo il calore del tuo corpo.

ESTER CECERE

ESTER CECERE was born in Taranto on 30/4/1958, where she lives and works as a researcher at the National Council of Research, marine biology department. She is married and has two children. She is author of five poetry books:- “Burrasche e Brezze” (“Storms and Breezes”), which is her debut work in literary field (Il Filo, Rome, 2010)- “Come foglie in autunno” (“Asleaves in Autumn“) with preface by Ninnj Di Stefano Busà (Ed. Tracce, Pescara, 2012)- “Fragile. Maneggiare con cura” (“Fragile. Handle with care”) with preface by NazarioPardini (Kairos Ed., Naples, 2014)- “ con l’Indianegliocchi, con l’Indianelcuore”  (“with India in the eyes, with India in the heart”) (WIP Ed., Bari, 2016)- “Non vedo, non sento e…” (“I do not see, I do not hear and...”) with preface by Marina Pratici (WIP Ed., Bari, 2017) and a collection of tales “Istantanee di vita” (“Snapshots of life”) (Kairos Ed., Naples, 2015), which is her narrative debut. Several Italian poets and literary critics have expressed their favorable opinion on her works. She published, on invitation, in numerous anthologies of various authors also for charity purposes and also writes for several literary journals. Her works also appear in various prizes anthologies. She gives the proceeds of the sale of her books to charity. Web site: www.estercecere.weebly.com



3 comments :

  1. Excellent translation, with high poetry effects. I enjoyed the reading

    Bye
    Francesco

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Poet Ester Cecere, I love the endearing way your poems flow with a sincere warmth and Passion. The first poem is my favorite.
    "The Source" as a metaphor for deep love. As if unquenchable. As, you are right. Our bodies are 65% water. 3 days without water, we begin to die. One week without it, we are not far from death. I wrote a poem once, simply about "water". How there are 12 chemicals in one single "teardrop" Congratulations Poet. My roots are also Italian. (Grandfather from Veneto).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really sorry since I am reading your comments only now, on 24 of August!
    Thank you very much for your appreciation dear friends! For Francesco Casuscelli: poems have been translated into English by myself. For Barbara Suen: you are right, water means life; life began in water! I am happy to know that Italian blood flows in your blood vessels!
    Ester

    ReplyDelete